1. Install software needed by VMware Tools
Note: you need to boot the 1-1 kernel from grub for this to work.
- Install packages to build the kernel modules
yum install gcc kernel-devel
- Check the running kernel matches the kernel headers
uname -r # running kernel rpm -q kernel-devel # installed kernel headers
- If the two versions do not match, run
yum -y upgrade kernel kernel-devel reboot
- Find out where the kernel headers are (you may need this later)
ls -d /usr/src/kernels/$(uname -r)*/include
2. Prepare and install VMware Tools
Choose one of a), b), c) or d).